Saturday, August 30, 2008

Getting back to reality

Well it's been awhile, but hey, I've gotten a lot done in the last few weeks. I've been in Calgary as a caregiver to a young boy with autism and downsyndrome while his family went on vacation. This was my third summer with him and it was great! Since he likes to watch his shows, I set up a scrapbook area to work while he is occupied. I had several free hours a day that way. I finished a slideshow, phoned all my piano and choir peeps, set up most of my fall schedule, and scrapbooked 2 mini albums and about 18 pages! I feel so accomplished!

Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking me out on a lovely date the night before I left him. We drove his 1958 Ford Edsel to Okotoks, where we went electric skateboarding on the wind-y paths down by the river. I wish I had some pics of that, but I left my cam in the car! Oh well, we'll go there again and I'll post pics then. It was a gorgeous night and a fun ride. Thanks Andy!



I had a few goals as I started to scrapbook during this time, and I'm pleased to say that I actually accomplished these goals! Have a look:

#1. Use more negative space on my layouts. I find these layouts refreshing to the eye,
not having to look at all the millions of pictures that are crammed onto one page. How did I do? Let's see:












#2. Use my stash! I have so much stuff that I save because it's too "pretty" for this page or that, but then in a year it will be old news. So I gotta rip and tear and use bits and pieces here and there.

#3. Use my sewing machine. This is one of my favorite layouts, from the
picture to the journaling to the scraps of paper and ribbon I used.



#4. Do more journaling on the page. I got some cute journaling stamps and used my computer for others. I love it!


1 comment:

  1. what a creative scrapbooker you are - unique and funky!

    ReplyDelete